Solar power is one way to produce an alternative and renewable energy. By using solar panels, you will be able to save on electricity costs. Also, solar power introduces positive impact in the environment. More homes, businesses and industries are now using solar energy nowadays.
But what are the other significant benefits of using solar electricity? Is it worth the expense?
What are Solar Panels?
Solar panels capture the energy from the sun and convert it into electricity. Panels are made up of small units called Photovoltaic cells (PV). This converts energy from the sun into electricity. Additionally, an inverter converts DC to AC Electricity that are used by common appliances.
Homes typically use Grid-connected system. This system is still connected to the national grid where solar energy is an additional source of electricity apart from the grid system. This means that you can still use the electricity from the grid when you ran out of solar energy.
Another system is a standalone system. Unlike grid-connected system, “standalone system” uses batteries in the system to store energy rather than using the grid. You might need bigger solar panels and a larger system for this to sustain your electricity use.
1. Reduce Your Energy Bill
Generating your own electricity will substantially lessen your electric consumption. Therefore, you get to save on monthly utility bill. It is a great way to save money but the efficiency of the system depends on the following factors:
- Size of Solar Energy System (Photovoltaic Panels, Capacity) – Every panel has a certain capacity that it can produce. The higher the capacity, the more costly it is.
- Amount of direct sunlight – Depending on the weather, solar panels need direct sunlight and the amount that it can harvest depends on the sunlight.
- Pitch of the roof – Ideally, Mounting angle should be 10-15 degrees plus the latitude of your current location.
- Location of Solar Panels – According to experts, solar panels will collect more energy if it is facing the south direction.
- Electric Consumption – Savings will depend on how much you consume using solar power and grid power.
2. Solar Panels is Applicable Everywhere
Sunlight is everywhere. Therefore, solar panels can be installed in any part of the world. Especially at remote areas where there is no presence of grid. Solar panels can be a standalone electricity provider.
Contrary to what many people think,
3. It is Good for the Environment
Another benefit is that solar energy usage is harmless for the environment It is a sustainable and renewable solution apart from collectively depe
When you use solar energy, you lessen the energy lost from the grid due to transportation and distribution. Moreover, solar energy is a clean way of producing electricity.
4. Increased Home Value
Solar energy installation at home is viewed by many as an upgrade. Many homeowners prefer to pay premium on using this system because of its savings and impact on the environment.
5. Easy Installation
Nowadays, more and more solar companies are offering the system to the market. Panels are widely available but remember, always seek guidance from trusted suppliers for the sizing, installation and usage.